Urdu Language Pack for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computers, Mobiles and Internet' started by Saeed, Dec 28, 2010.

• Administrator

Saeed PakFellows Staff

Assalam-u-alaikum, everyone. :)

Just like the Urdu Language Pack for Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft has also released an Urdu Language Pack for Windows 7.

According to Microsoft:

Get languages for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
    You can download and install additional languages to view Windows Vista and Windows 7 menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in your preferred language. Additional languages will work only with a genuine copy of Windows. Some languages are installed from the Microsoft Download Center, and some are installed using Windows Update. In addition, some languages require a premium edition of Windows or a particular parent language. For more information, see How do I get additional display languages?

• Language Packs. If you're running the Ultimate or Enterprise edition of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can download any of the 33 available language packs by using Windows Update. Language packs provide a translated version of Windows dialog boxes, menu items, and help content.
    • Language Interface Packs (LIPs). LIPs can be installed over any edition of Windows Vista and Windows 7, providing a translated version of only the most widely used dialog boxes, menu items, and help content. You can download LIPs from the Microsoft Download Center by using the links below. To install a LIP, you will need to have the required parent language installed on your PC. If your language is listed as "coming soon," it's on the way—check back here for updates.
    I have just downloaded and installed the language pack and it seems to be actually pretty cool! :cool:

You can either:

View the complete list of languages available for Windows 7 over here

or

Download the Urdu Language Pack for Windows 7 over here.

• Administrator

Saeed PakFellows Staff

Here are a few screenshots (click for full size image) after I installed it on a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my laptop. Interestingly, it changed my desktop to right to left as well. :lol:

Be ready for some really new terms though. Do not confuse the "پینٹ" for pants, it's actually Paint. :D And Magnifier is مکبر. Documents becomes دستاویزات etc etc.

[IMG]

[IMG]

1. ActiveBhai Well-Known Member

bahut funny lagraha hai :D